Construction: Music Video Editing

The short video below is the sped up procedure I've gone through whilst editing my music video. I have encountered plenty of issues - such as Premiere Pro refusing to cooperate and quitting without saving an hours worth of work, or the PC suddenly restarting out of nowhere - but I managed to overcome them and eventually finished the edit.




You can see that version of the video below:



This was just the first version of the video, before any audience feedback or tweaking; I knew that I needed to make some changes. First big one after acquiring some audience feedback was how small and seemingly not very important some of the jumpcuts were towards the end of the video (especially in the bit when the character was lying down on the bed). I decided to play around with the energetic bit even more - to see how much more chaotic I could make it with the limited footage I had.

As well as that, I myself noticed some minor mistakes to fix: such as the poorly chosen colour of the title or the jump between the mirrored shot, which was slightly weirdly delayed and followed by a black screen for a fraction of a second. All of these were fixed in this version of the video, which is my final one:




Before I exported that version of the video, I decided to look a bit more into the available presets; the earlier version had some frame compression issues with resulted in weird lines on the edges of each moving object. With new settings, more fitting to the source material and the upload destination, this version looks much sharper and much more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment